Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Missing Swedish post

I found this post in my computer, guess it was when the internet was dead and I just forgot about it later.

xxx

Today we went to downtown Uppsala and then to the mall. Uppsala seems full of old buildings that all look the same and the shops are more American sized although there's still plenty of specialty shops.

We wandered around and went into a bakery because I saw a star-shaped dessert that I thought looked cool, eating it was disappointing though because it was more like the Icelandic laufabrauĂ° (leafbread) than anything, thin, crispy, and not tasting like much. I thought it would be more like actual bread, thicker and softer.

We heard some music that Jox said wasn't the best but I thought it was festive, I got a short recording of it and can upload it in a bit then edit this post with it. We wandered around into craft stores, book stores, and design shops. I bought a few things that you can see in this photo:

Then we went to the mall and looked around there. They had expanded it since Jox had been there last but we didn't go through the entire mall. There was a videogame I wanted that we had seen in a store somewhere earlier but thought was expensive, but when we went into a few other stores that sold games they didn't have it at all.

After we were done there we went to an electronics store to get me a new camera. I ended up getting a camcorder because Jox has a good camera and I always just end up disappointed with the video quality. The bad thing was they really didn't have much info on what the difference was between the camcorders. I've tested mine out now and I think something's either wrong with it or with how my computer plays videos from it, because the sound keeps skipping. I'm going to look up if anyone else has had problems with this, maybe it's just a setting on the camera or something I have to change.

Tomorrow we're going to wander around Stockholm all day and just see what we find there.

Swedish I learned:
Klar - prepared/finished
Kveld kvisk - evening snack (literally "evening twig"), used to mean sometime after dinner time and late in the night. Can be used for sometime before around seven in the morning too.
jordbogber? - strawberry
mÄl - meal

No comments:

Post a Comment