Monday, September 7, 2009

Yesterday I met up with Kristín again, because Snorri was going to a tea party that his friend was hosting. She lives really close to his house, so he drove both of us to the bank because I needed to exchange some money, and then he went to the tea party. Kristín was going to make a new bank account too, but the bank was closed by the time we got there.

We took two buses and wound up at her friend's house, where we stood around for a few minutes wondering what we should do. I suggested that we go outside if they didn't mind the weather (It's been sprinkling every day since I got here) so we walked and took some more buses and eventually met up with more friends of theirs.

The buses here are similar to the King County Metro ones, but instead of an electronic hole thing you put your change into, you slide change into a clear plastic box with a slit in it. There is something that looks like a receipt that comes out of a... receipt maker and that's your transfer, so if you take another bus within the time listed then it's free when you show the driver the transfer. Bus fare for minors is 100kr, about eighty US cents.



These are transfers.

We went to the grocery store and Saizopwns bought strawberry ice cream for me, because the only money I had was change since we couldn't go to the bank. It was good, but I liked the soft serve from the flea market better.



We went to the comic book shop and some of them bought books, and we just walked around for a while. I had to use the bathroom so we went into the bookstore, which it turns out, has a lot of floors! There's a café on one of the uppermost floors, too. We had to ask for a key for the bathroom, which means it was a staff bathroom or something, and when I went inside it was pretty disgusting so I don't think I'll use that one again. I don't know why we didn't just go into a regular café or something instead. We took more buses, and went with one of the girls while she checked in with her mom. She was going to come home for dinner.

At some point we went to the grocery store again and bought soda and snacks, which was gummy candy, popcorn, dried fish, and orange soda if I remember right.



Then we walked to Kristín's house and watched the Futurama movie, which was a little interesting because it had Icelandic subtitles. Some of the girls had to leave, and eventually Snorri came over because he had left the tea party. We ended up watching random things on the television, and eventually stuck on a Danish movie and a movie set in New York in the 1800's. At some point Saizopwns' mom came home, so Snorri introduced himself and myself, and they explained what was going on in the movie at some parts, et cetera. After the movie was over we went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment